Take a minute to watch this youtube video called
Between the Lions: Song - "Read a Book Today".
Every summer the public libraries put on a Summer Reading Program. Check back in June for this year's theme. Call Mrs. Johnson at the public library, 826-3112, for more information.
Check out all the new puzzles, games, reading suggestions, resources and more at www.summerreadingnys.org .
Barnes and Noble, Imagination's Destination, you to read 8 books over the summer. After completing their form (more information here ) you can return it and use the coupon for a FREE book.
Scholastic wants you to join them online (after you get parent permission), for the Scholastic Summer Challenge. Go to http://www.scholastic.com/summer/ and then click on the Scholastic Summer Challenge icon to learn more.
The NYS Assembly is also partnering with NYS Public Libraries and you can receive a special certificate if you have 40 days marked off on their special calendar that you can get here .
Summer Reading Adventure! Tips for Parents of Young Readers
Reading Rockets: Launching Young Readers
Stories/Books (with sound)
· Storyline Online (Celebrities reading stories)
· KIZCLUB-Learning Resources for Kids (See levels to the left)
· Starfall (Several Stories)
· Interactive Story Books online (Woodlands Schools: Scroll Down)
· Book Pop Virtual Literature
· Speakaboos (Look to the left for categories)
· Storybird (Has stories made by children and you can create some as well)
· Redenvelope: Curl Up with your favorite blanket... (suggested by a student in Ms. Jennings class (thank you! ;-)...) is a list of online sites that include nursery rhymes, Aesop's Fables, Fairy Tales, Tall Tales, Holiday Stories, etc)
Stories/Books (no sound sound)
We Give Books (includes non-fiction as well as fiction)
· Podiobooks.com (Audio Books Online)
· StoryBee - professional storytellers spin their wonderful tales